The Amazon Rainforest
Ecuador can be divided into four geographic regions, the Coast, the Andes, the Amazon, and the Galapagos Islands.
The Amazon is the largest tropical forest on Earth, crossed by rivers which flow into the Amazon. In this region the most interesting areas to consider exploring are:
- The Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, located in the northeast corner of the country (deep Amazon); the tours in this area will start from Lago Agrio.
- Yasuní National Park, in the middle of the Amazone area (also deep Amazon); the tours in this area will start from Coca.
- The Napo area, starting the tours from Tena or Puyo.
The Ecuador’s Amazon jungle is home to thousands of plant species, a lot of insect species, over 170 amphibian/reptile species, more than 200 species of mammals and, nearly 600 recorded bird species.
Your visit in Ecuador really wouldn’t be complete unless you include an Ecuador Amazon jungle tour.
How to get there?
From Quito to Lago Agrio or Coca you can travel at two ways:
- By plane; on the day the tour will start, you can fly into Lago Agrio or Coca to start the jungle tour by meeting the guide on the airport. Due to the weather circumstances, it can be the flights can be delayed.
- By bus; it´s recommendable to get the bus from Quito to Lago Agrio (5 – 6 hours) or to Coca (6 – 7 hours) a day before the tour will start. You can take accommodation in a hotel in one of these places and start the jungle tour next day.
- gives you a fast and reliable response to your emails;
- gives you a personal attention by Email, Whatsapp or Skype;
- can speak with you in English, Dutch and Spanish;
- will give you 24 hour support in case of problems and emergencies;
- is Dutch owned and managed.
For more information and questions please contact us at: email@example.com